With the coronavirus forcing us all to stay home, many of us have found that our normal routine has gone out the window.
With lockdown likely to last in the UK for a few more weeks (or even months), here are some ways you can use the lockdown time wisely.
1. Become a better version of you
We’re always so busy on-the-go that we rarely give our health and wellbeing the attention it needs.
It’s important now, more than ever, to stay as fit, healthy and strong as possible – so exercise and self-care is a must.
- Do home workouts
- Get your steps in with a daily walk
- Pamper yourself
- Get plenty of early nights
- Take time to cook healthy, nutritious meals
2. Get your business in order
If your business has slowed down or you’ve found yourself with more spare hours in the day, now is a great time to reflect on it and make the relevant changes needed in order to survive this period and thrive in the future.
- Assess your strategy
- Adapt to the current times by offering something new
- Reassess your systems and processes
- Update your website
- Reach out to your customers
Spending time to really sit back and assess what’s working, what isn’t and acting now will mean you can come back even stronger once covid-19 has passed.
3. Improve career prospects
If you’re employed, now might be the best time for you to reflect on your career and where you’d like to be in the future. This present period is the ideal time to work towards a brighter future if you’re unhappy with your current job.
- Update your CV and cover letter
- Update your LinkedIn profile
- Network with the right people on social media
And if you’re happy with your current job, now is the time to prove you’re passionate about your role by ensuring you’re going above and beyond to do whatever you can to fulfil your role and help the business progress during this time.
4. Getting your home in order
As we’re forced to spend more time than ever in our homes, it’s normal to notice all the things we dislike. It’s also normal to feel fed up of the same four walls and crave a new environment.
Now is the perfect time to finish the jobs you started in the past and work through your home-improvement to do list.
- Have a clearout
- Organise your wardrobe
- Give the walls a lick of paint
- Fix what’s broken
- Give unused rooms a new use
- Move furniture around to give it a fresh new feel
5. Spending quality time with your kids
Having the kids at home all the time can be both a challenging and wonderful time and spending quality time together should be enjoyed as much as possible while it lasts.
- Play games as a family
- Get the kids involved in cooking or baking
- Create jobs around the house to keep them busy
- Do a bike ride
- Have a family movie nights
- Additionally, having a structure and routine for certain days of the week will help things run more smoothly at home.
6. Learn something new
If you’ve got more spare time on your hands, why not finally get around to learning a new skill, hobby or language.
We’ve all put off things we’d like to do because life gets in the way – but now is the time to take action on inspiration and do something you’ve been meaning to do for a while.
We’re often so busy in our day-to-day lives that we rarely get the chance to look at what’s working and what isn’t in our lives. Lockdown is the perfect opportunity to pause life and assess, so you can come back better, stronger, happier or healthier.